Plan B (Morning After Pill) Availability - Richmond Area
The following pharmacies carry OTC (over the counter) Plan-B. The federal government made the medication available without a prescription from a licensed health care provider. The following pharmacies have it available in the Richmond Area.
- WalMart – Berea and Richmond: MAP available Over the counter (OTC); kept next to the other OTC contraceptive products such as condoms and spermicidal creams/jellies etc.
- Rite Aid – University Shopping Center: Generic brand always available; kept behind the pharmacy counter; just have to ask for it. No Rx required; no proof of age requirement.
- Rite Aid – next to Zaxbys: OTC, but in a “lock-box” that cashier has to open – to prevent theft; price-$39.99 generic & $49.99 name brand.
- CVS – OTC, “in a tamper – proof box to prevent theft”; price $39.99 generic and $49.99 Plan B.
- Kroger- “OTC, in the pharmacy”; has only Plan B on hand.
- Meijer – OTC, available behind the pharmacy counter; Plan B only; cost $42.99.
Please be advised that students should always consider contacting their health care provider prior to taking any medications.
Published on July 29, 2014